Today, 21st October 2010, BraveNewTalent.com were featured in the employment section of the Sun, the most popular daily newspaper in the UK. The Sunemployment section is edited by the lovely Jane Hamilton.
For those of you that weren’t able to find a copy, we’ve copied the text, in full, below.
What’s the first thing an interviewer checks? Your CV? Your qualifications? Your references? Wrong! Nine in ten HR professionals now search online first.
Suddenly those rude holiday pics on Facebook don’t seem such a smart move. So how can jobseekers protect their reputations online? Here, Lucian Tarnowski, CEO of recruiting site BraveNewTalent, shares his expert advice.
1. Google yourself – are the results positive and up to date?
2. Do a profile cull – if you have inactive accounts, get rid of them.
3. Email – make it professional, simple and to the point. Eg email@example.com. Nothing like Cheekygal2k@email.com.
4. Passwords – make sure they are strong and don’t share them.
5. Usernames – go for one that’s unique but keep it professional.
6. Social recruitment sites – there are many but why not try LinkedIn and…BraveNewTalent.com!
7. Facebook – set your privacy to “restricted”.
8. Be careful when you comment in online forums.
9. Blogs and websites – why not set one up?
10. Communicate intelligently – make sure that everything you post makes sense.